Tuesday, December 17, 2013

YA Superlative Blogfest Class of 2013: Day Two


I am so excited to participate in the YA Superlative Blogfest again this year!  It's hosted by some of my favorite ladies: Jessica LoveTracey Neithercott, Alison Miller, and Katy Upperman.   I'm trying to bust my recent reading and blogging slumps, and I have a hunch this just might do it!  Here are some of the characters who stood out to me in 2013:


Mostly Likely to Start a Riot

Ronan, The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater.   A riot with explosions.



Biggest Flirt



Orla, The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater.  Orange.  Bikini.
 
Fashion King and/or Queen 

Rachel, Starglass by Phoebe North.  She even winds up assigned to work in a clothing shop--sometimes those dystopian job assignment systems work out!

Girl You’d Most Want For Your BFF 

Lucy from My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi.  As a fellow theater nerd, I think we would have a ton of fun belting out showtunes together.  Many of my best relationships have been built on showtune sessions.

Boy You Wish You’d Dated in High School 

Noah, The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater.  I mean...kind of.  Probably not the early Noah that's hinted at in The Raven Boys.  And I mean, later Noah is problematic for the obvious reason.  But I do just find him so dear and lovely.

Most Likely to Become President 

Adam, The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater.  Gansey seems the obvious choice...but he fights his roots so hard while Adam's ambition is boundless.
 
Quirkiest Character 

Iko, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.  Everyone's favorite vain, snarky, android takes on a new role in this second book!

4 comments:

  1. I thought the exact same thing about Adam vs. Gansey for president! Ultimately, I went with someone altogether different, but your reasoning was identical to mine. :-) And I'm not sure how I forgot about Orla and her orange bikini. She definitely takes the cake for Biggest Flirt over what I went with. Have to agree with your estimation of Noah, too. That part in THE DREAM THIEVES with him and Blue...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said on someone else's post that the Raven Boy you wish you'd dated says a lot about your personality. I'm not sure WHAT, but it definitely says something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to find another fellow DREAM THIEVES fan. That book is appearing quite a bit on my lists as well -- as it should! And I agree with what Jessica said above... Your Raven Boy of choice says a lot. I'm a Gansey girl myself. :-) Great choices, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great point about Adam v. Gansey for president. I 100 percent agree. And Noah for your high school BFF? Well, yeah, that *would* be a bit of a problem with him being a ghost and all. But he is sweet, that's for sure. I myself have been all for Gansey from day one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!